StepChange Debt Charity is the UK’s leading debt advice charity. With have over 20 years’ experience of helping people become debt free by providing practical solutions.
- Ring the debt helpline on (Freephone) 0800 138 1111. Lines are open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and Sat 8am-4pm.
- StepChange have a range of online tools to help provide expert debt advice
- StepChange help over 500,000 people a year across the UK to overcome their debt problems
- Every person’s situation is different - StepChange look at each client as an individual
- StepChange offer advice on all debt solutions including debt management plans, IVAs and bankruptcy
- All advice is completely free and impartial
You can access full online debt advice and budgeting tools that provide a personal action plan to help people take their first steps out of debt. In just 20 minutes it will recommend solutions tailored your personal situation.
Talking about debt is difficult, that’s why StepChange have designed a 60-second debt test, which is available here:
Other tools to help you manage your finances
The StepChange benefits calculator is always updated with all the latest welfare reforms. You can find out if you are affected and check what you are entitled to.
The MoneyAware blog gives advice and information to help people from falling into problem debt – the point at which the bills go unpaid, bank fees and charges mount and the worries and stress grow.
Follow StepChange on social media
Alongside the MoneyAware blog, StepChange are also on Twitter and Facebook, talking about the latest news, explaining debt and credit advice clearly and chatting with you about how to keep yourself free from the worry of debt.